Thursday, May 1, 2008

Student Teaching Placement



After years of wondering, I received a letter in the mail Tuesday evening including my student teaching placement: Tallmadge High School. I was thrilled to receive the letter and I'm very pleased with where I am placed. I feel as though everything is coming together and it is hard to believe that I will be student teaching and graduating in a year! I have literally dreamed about being a teacher since I was five years old. I would read to my class before I could actually read!

Tallmadge High School seems to be a great place for my student teaching experience. I have heard nothing but good things about the school district altogether. In high school, I was involved in a mentorship program that allowed me to go to Tallmadge High School to observe a teacher to see if I would actually like to pursue teaching as a career. I was welcomed warmly by both the faculty and the students, and I will never forget how comfortable I felt while I was there. Though I was only 18 years old at the time, I still was able to obtain ideas for use in my own classroom in the future. In my Women's Lit class last semester, a girl asked me if I was a student teacher at Tallmadge a couple years earlier. After being totally confused for a second, I remembered that she was in the class that I observed. She rememebered me! I thought that was pretty cool. Overall, everyone was nice to me when I was there for my mentorship. They made a lasting impression on me, so I can't wait to get to know the classes I will be working with all next year!

Visit Tallmadge High School's website!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie that is sooo exciting! I'm glad you got placed at the school that you wanted, and it's awesome that you already had such a great experience there. It must take a lot of the worry out of it. I can't wait to hear from Barberton. I really hope none of us end up with horror stories from student teaching... I bet you are crazy excited to start your student teaching now! Yay!

Miss Lindsey Biltz said...

Julie,

I am so glad you have been placed and happy to know you are as excited as I am. I felt the exact same way the other day when I received that wonderful letter in the mail! I have been very stressed this semester and that gave me a boost of confidence! It was exactly what I needed to get through finals week. I agree with Therese and I hope everyone has a great experience at their school, with their cooperating teacher and the students. Congratulations Julie!